Saturday, September 12, 2009

Redneck and the Fanny Pack Chihuahua

It has been awhile since I posted and I apologize to my reader for that. Frankly I went blank. Nothing was amusing me and I did not feel like ranting about my bizarre rituals or idiosyncrasies for the next post. I had almost given up when I saw something quite beautiful. I saw a redneck on the side of the road with his Chihuahua. I say beautiful because each of these creatures fit every possible stereotype spoken of their type. The redneck had a mullet and was wearing a bright yellow t-shirt that fit everywhere but the gut, and coupled it with an offensively orange mesh hat. He had on camo cut off shorts, highway patrol sunglasses, and a fanny pack. He honestly was just missing a beer in his hand. He was perfection. Then next to him was his pristine little chihuahua. This little, fragile creature was white with a black dog collar on and looked like he rarely touched the ground.

This sight made me smile. It made me think that maybe this is a sign of better times on the horizon. Perhaps this redneck and chihuahua were showing me that we can all live harmoniously together. If rednecks and Chihuahuas can co-exist together, then certainly the rest of us can.

I pictured him carrying that chihuahua around in his fanny pack calling all of his peeps on his Nextel to come to his shin-dig. It was all very Paris Hilton except with less crotch shots, more ass crack and an inordinate amount of body hair. The man might have been wearing a sweater under his t-shirt.

My point is this. It was really, really hilarious and I wish that I would have taken a picture. My other point is that he reminded me that we, as stereotypes, as a nation, as a species and as individuals, are never so easily defined. This man and his chihuahua reminded me that people can continue to surprise you, and not always in the icky sort of way. They were a reminder to take a minute before you judge, or they were giving me fair warning of the Apocalypse. Either way, it made my day.

[Via http://stagecraftbeatnik.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment